Year In Review
Posted on January 4, 2017
Around this time every year, we make a poor attempt to summarize the previous twelve months. This time around we can easily sum up the previous year with a simple phrase, massive shitshow.
Typically, we prefer to reserve usage of this phrase for the always shitty July 4th weekend and similar efforts. However when nearly every other weekend puts up July 4th numbers and every month posts 30, 40 or 50% gains over the same month last year, it’s the phrase that pays.
In short, summarizing the year is quite simple:
- January, shitshow
- February, shitshow
- March, shitshow
- April, #crimeisdown, April Fools, shitshow
- May, warm-up for summer shitshow
- June, shitshow
- July, shitshow
- August, HUGE shitshow
- September, shitshow (again)
- October, WTF shitshow, it’s October, not August
- November, again WTF shitshow, it’s November!
- December, peace on earth and good will toward men, just kidding, another shitshow.
2017 isn’t looking much better than 2016. In fact, we believe it’ll be worse as the CPD will continue to stay fetal and let the Strategic Subject List(ed) jagoffs ventilate one another. 850 homicides with an additional 3850 shot and wounded very well may be the tally come December 31st, 2017.
Finally, a YUUGE thanks to you dear reader for making 2016 our best year yet. Have yourself a safe and prosperous new year.