No True Bill
Posted on November 24, 2014
While the events down in Ferguson play out, back in Chicagoland the same old bullshit continues day in and day out with nary a peep. In the 107 days since officer Darren Wilson shot and killed 18 year old Michael Brown – 12:03pm, Saturday, August 9th – the following stupidity has taken place in Chicago:
- 155 homicides (74% black males)
- 725 shot & wounded
- Six (6) 18 year olds killed: Kawantis Montgomery, Kamaal Burton, Tony McIntos, Alexandra Burgos, Rayvon Little, Johnathan Cartwright
- 59 18 year olds shot & wounded
- 29 teenagers (13-19) killed
- 244 teenagers (13-19) shot and wounded
- 10 shot (5 killed) by the CPD
- 2 teens – 17yo Laquan McDonald & 19yo Roshad McIntosh – shot & killed by the CPD
- 9yo Antonio Smith was executed by 4 jagoffs
- 3yo Donnell Coakley killed by his mother
Brutal, yet incredibly asinine and absurd to say the least.
So what is it about these stats that hasn’t caused people to lose their collective shit?
After all, there have been plenty of opportunities to march, chant, throw shit, break stuff, come up with a hashtag, etc… in the past few months, not only in Chicago, but all over the nation. So where is the national media? The cable news talking heads? The race pimpin’ super duo of Jesse and Al? The professional agitators and social justice warriors? The exploiting politicians? Almost 900 shootings and homicides in the past three months and not one is worthy of their attention.
Someone from ‘round these parts once said “never let a crisis go to waste”. Apparently these stats aren’t crisis-y enough.