The feel good story of the weekend was about Jose fatally ventilating a burglary crew of three making it the unicorn of Chicago self defense tales. However, there are some inconsistencies with Jose’s story which first showed up in Second City Cop’s comment section:
“Everyone had been dead for several hours before police were called. Dude half-assed staged a home invasion. More details to follow.”
Followed they did with some comments from officialdom:
“Detectives on Monday were seeking to verify the story of a South Side man who told police that the three people he shot dead inside his house were home invaders.
“We have noticed inconsistencies in his story… we’re pressing pretty hard,” police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Monday morning of investigators who were interrogating the man.
Police were investigating the shooting as self-defense. Area South detectives were conducting the homicide investigation.
Under mounting pressure, the man hired an attorney Monday afternoon, Guglielmi said.
No charges have been filed against the 31-year-old man, who has a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.”
Regardless of the legal outcome, three homicides have been added to August’s and 2017’s tally.
Comments are off for this post.